E. Lockhart's very popular book for young adults called THE BOYFRIEND LIST has just come out in paperback, and her sequel, called THE BOY BOOK has come out in hard cover. I so enjoyed her FLY ON THE WALL (and so did my precocious eleven-year old) that I believe the great blurbs she's gotten for both book, one of (many) of which is excerpted below:
The story is both humorous and witty, and the language is realistically raw. Sections such as "The Care and Ownership of Boobs" are particularly funny." -- School Library Journal
Here's my interview with Emily, followed by my very own vile boyfriend's list, which I composed for my visit to her blog a few months back:
The Vile Boyfriend List, or things to watch out for in a potential boyfriend
1) Vehicle has mudflaps with Playboy-Bunnies or confederate flags on them.
2) Has a Frequent Flyer Hooters’ Visa.
3) Owns a Promise Keepers Teeshirt.
4) Under-tips or berates a waitress
5) Is taking Mime classes
6) Talks during the movie, or reveals the ending to anyone who hasn’t seen it.
7) Wears cologne or spats.
8) Appears overly proud of his previous girlfriend’s low body-fat ratio
9) Tells you you’re not like the other American women, who wear too much make-up and expose their flesh to men.
10) Owns or operates a metal detector “just for fun.”